Dr. Khwaja Mateen Mazher
Construction Engineering & Management Department
National University of Sciences and Technology (NUST)
NUST College of Civil Engineering, Risalpur, Pakistan.
+92 923 631315
PhD (The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong)
Dr. Khwaja Mateen Mazher completed his Ph.D. in September of 2019 and is currently serving as an assistant professor at Military College of Engineering (MCE), NUST, Risalpur campus. He started his career with Descon Engineering Limited and after working for a while in the industry, he decided to pursue his career in academics. He has formerly served as a faculty member at the Construction Engineering & Management Department (CEM) at National Institute of Transportation (NIT), NUST. Later, he also had the opportunity to work as a faculty member at the Department of Civil Engineering at Al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University, in Riyadh, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. He graduated in 2010 with a degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila. Additionally, he holds MS degree in CEM from NUST and a Ph.D. degree from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR.
PhD Construction Management (Aug-2015 - Sep-2019) The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, HK SAR.
MS Construction Engineering & Management (Sep-2010 - Sep-2012) National University of Sciences and Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan.
B.Sc. Civil Engineering (With Honours) (Aug-2006-Sept-2010) University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila, Pakistan.
AWARDS & SCHOLARSHIPS
- 2015 PhD studentship award for PhD studies at The Hong Kong Polytechnic University.
- 2010 Scholarship/ full fee waiver during MS studies.
- 2006 Honours in B.Sc. Civil Engineering.
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP/ FELLOWSHIP
- Registered Engineer, Pakistan Engineering Council (PEC).
- Project procurement and contracting strategies
- Infrastructure asset management
- Modular/offsite construction
- Sustainability in construction
- Project management/risk management
- Decision analysis
- Information technology in construction
- Babar, A., Zahoor, H., Nasir, A. R., Maqsoom, A., Khan, R. W. A., Mazher, K. M. (2020). “BIM-based claims management system: A centralized information repository for extension of time claims” Automation in Construction, 110, 102985.
- Maqsoom, A., Mughees, A., Zahoor, H., Nawaz, A., Mazher, K. M. (2019). “Extrinsic psychosocial stressors and workers’ productivity: impact of employee age and industry experience” Applied Economics, 1-14.
- Mazher, K. M., Chan, A. P. C., Zahoor, H., Khan, M. I., and Ameyaw, E. E. (2018). “Fuzzy integral–based risk-assessment approach for public–private partnership infrastructure projects.” Journal of Construction Engineering and Management, 144(12), 4018111.
- Mazher, K. M., Chan, A.P.C., Zahoor, H., Ameyaw, E.E., Edwards, D.J., & Osei-Kyei, R. (201X). “Modelling capability based risk allocation in PPP projects using fuzzy integral.” Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 46(9), 777-88.
- Osei-Kyei, R., Chan, A. P. C., Yao, Y., Mazher, K. M. (2018). “Conflict prevention measures for public–private partnerships in developing countries” Journal of Financial Management of Porperty and Construction, 24(1), 39-57.
PUBLICATIONS IN INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE PROCEEDINGS
- Ali, B., Zahoor, H., Mazher, K. M., and Maqsoom, A. (2018). “BIM implementation in public sector of pakistan construction industry.” ICCREM 2018, American Society of Civil Engineers, Reston, VA, 42–51.
- Mazher, K. M., Chan, A. P. C., and Zahoor, H. (2017). “A research framework for effective risk management in public-private partnership (ppp) infrastructure projects in Pakistan.” 13th International Postgraduate Research Conference (IPGRC 2017), C. Pathirage, U. Kulatunga, Y. Ji, R. Gameson, C. Udeaja, C. Trillo, M. Takhtravanchi, and B. Allali, eds., University of Salford, Salford, UK.
COURSES OFFERED TO POST-GRADUATE PROGRAMS:
- CEM-804 Construction Cost Estimating and Control
- CEM-807 Risk Management in Construction
COURSES OFFERED TO UNDER-GRADUATE PROGRAM:
- CE-371 Construction Project Management
- ECO-130 Engineering Economics
- Assistant Engineer (Procurement/ Subcontracts) – Descon Engineering Limited – (2010-2011)